Three important, brilliant and complicated reasons…
- Rose: Doctor!
- The Doctor: Stay away!
- Rose: Doctor, tell me what’s going on—
- The Doctor: I absorbed all the energy of the time vortex, and no one’s meant to do that… [looks up at her] Every cell in my body’s dying.
- Rose: Isn’t there something you can do?
- The Doctor: Yeah. Doing it now. See, Time Lords have this little trick, it’s sort of a way of cheating death. Except… it means I’m going to change. And you’re not going to see me again… Not like this. Not with this daft old face. And before I go—
- Rose: Don’t say that!
- The Doctor: Rose… before I go, I just want to tell you: you were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And do you know what? [Pause] So was I!
- [The TARDIS lights up with energy as the Doctor regenerates into his tenth incarnation.]
- The Tenth Doctor: Hello! Okay— [The Doctor pauses and swallows uncomfortably] New teeth. That’s weird. So where was I? Oh, that’s right. Barcelona! [Grins]
Kathy Nightingale: What did you come here for anyway?
Sally Sparrow: I love old things. They make me feel sad.
Kathy Nightingale: What’s good about sad?
Sally Sparrow: It’s happy for deep people.